Home page History Design Construction The clocks Where we are Contact-Buy Other works F.A.Q.

Sign my guestbook!



The first step was trying to make a working escapement. In the end i choose something that looked easy to build and adjust like the Graham escapement. The design took me several days of work, leading to this result. Then i move on to the design of the gear train, making several trials and computer simulation to find out the best teeth profile. In the end I had to choose the right wood. Also for this I needed a lot of time and trials to test the hardness and resistance of different kinds of wood. I started with birch plywood, that was technically ok but estetically very poor. I wanted a solid wood clock, so I moved on to elm wood, but the wheels bent after a few days, then to beech, cherry and finally ash, that I used to make the first clock.

...  more ...